Digestive System Quiz:
1. Which of these refers to the type of epithelium associated with the esophagus?
2. Which of these represents the type of epithelium associated with the cardiac region of the stomach?
3. Which of these cells produces hydrochloric acid (HCl) and intrinsic factor?
Mucous neck cells
4. Which of these cells produces pepsinogen?
5. Which of these contains the myenteric plexus (plexus of Auerbach)?
6. Which of these is most commonly associated with the Crypts of Lieberkuhn?
7. Which of these is an alternative name for the chief cells of the stomach?
Zymogenic cell (granule)
8. Which of these contains the muscularis mucosa?
9. Which of these cells produces the clear, watery fluid associated with salivary glands?
10. Which of these is NOT associated with a liver triad?
11. Which of these terms refers to blood-filled spaces in body organs such as the liver?
12. Which of these are the exocrine cells of the pancreas?
13. Which of these cells produce insulin?
14. Which of these cells produce glucagon?
15. Which of these structures is the “dumping area” for blood from the liver sinusoids?
NOTE: You are also responsible for visual identification of all microslides and cat digestive organs as indicated in your objectives. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.