Gametogenesis and the Female Cycle Quiz:
1. Which of these cells are responsible for hormone production in the testes?
2. Which of these cells are responsible for sperm development in the testes?
3. Which of these refers to the number of chromosomes associated with human somatic cells?
4. Which of these refers to the number of chromosomes associated with human gametes?
5. Which of these refers to the process of cell division for somatic cells?
6. Which of these refers to the process of cell division for gamete production?
7. Which of these choices refers to the outermost layer of the ovary?
8. Which of these is the muscular layer of the uterus?
9. Which of these is the layer that is shed during the monthly cycle?
10. Which of these is the uterine layer that provides new growth during the monthly cycle?
11. Which of these is the stage when one or just a few layers of follicle cells surround the developing oocyte?
12. Which of these is the “scar” that remains after the corpus luteum shuts down?
13. Which of these is the band of cells that surround the secondary oocyte?
14. Which of these is the fluid-filled chamber that contains the secondary follicle?
15. Which of these is a glandular structure that develops from a ruptured follicle?
NOTE: You are also responsible for visual identification of the microslides and cat organs as indicated in your objectives. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.