Survey of Embryonic Development Quiz:
1. Which of these refers to a fertilized egg?
2. Which of these refers to the small cells that develop from a fertilized egg?
3. To what does the term cleavage refer?
A series of cellular expansions.
A series of cellular divisions.
A series of cellular extensions.
A series of cellular specializations.
4. Which of these is the “hollow ball” stage?
5. Which of these is the stage that contains the inner cell mass (ICM)?
6. Which of these represents the specialization of cells that become the embryo?
7. Which of these refers to the stage where invagination occurs?
8. Which of these is the specialized membrane that surrounds an egg?
9. Which of these refers to the granulosa cells that surround the outermost surface of a fertilized egg?
10. Which of these stages occurs at the end of the cleavage pathway?
11. How many membranes originate from the ICM?
PLACE THE STAGES IN THE CORRECT ORDER FOR QUESTIONS 12-15:
12. First event
13. Second event
14. Third event
15. Fourth event
NOTE: You are also responsible for visual identification of the embryological stages of development as shown on the microslide indicated in your objectives. Practical applications such as these are an inherent part of each laboratory activity and exam.