Dale Mabry EAP Class Meeting Times
- Classes are offered in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
Morning classes meet at 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
Afternoon classes meet at 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Evening classes meet at 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Each class meets two days a week (Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays) for 75 minutes each day and counts as three (3) credit hours.
- Each Reading Lab and Writing Lab class meets two (2) days a week for 50 minutes and counts as one (1) credit hour.
EAP Resources and Activities
The Dale Mabry Campus of HCC provides students the following resources and extra-curricular activities during the semester:
- The Academic Success Center offers one-on-one academic help to students via the Tutoring Commons and Writing Commons. In addition, EAP faculty hold office hours each week during which they are available to meet with and help students with class assignments one-on-one.
- The Career Resource Center offers students help with résumé writing, career and employment outlook information, and career decision-making interest tests and surveys.
- Conversation groups, under the leadership of a tutor, give EAP students an opportunity to make friends from all over the world while practicing their English speaking skills in a friendly, relaxing environment. These groups, hosted by the Academic Success Center, meet several times a week and are limited to four students per group. Levels vary by groups. Come and join the fun!
- LEAP (the Latest EAP News), a newsletter written by EAP students, provides useful information and advice to students in the EAP program. It contains information about academic programs offered by HCC, support services and resources available to students, as well as activities, clubs, and organizations at HCC. It also highlights topics of interest to the EAP community and the campus community at large.
- Upon completion of the EAP curriculum, students celebrate their accomplishments during an EAP Completion Ceremony to which students’ families and friends are cordially invited.
- Student clubs and organizations are also available on campus. See the ways that you can connect with them to enhance your college experience at HCC.