Hillsborough Community College’s Virtual Proctoring Statements
Virtual Proctoring Statement: Students are responsible for paying for ProctorU services using an access code. The access code (Access Card) is available for purchase at HCC Bookstores or can be purchased directly from ProctorU using a credit card. A separate access code will be needed for each proctoring session.
Those who miss or cancel a ProctorU appointment must reschedule the appointment and may be subject to paying proctoring fees again.
You must create a ProctorU account that is associated with Hillsborough Community College, even if you already have a ProctorU account associated with another higher education institution (use the ProctorU link in left navigation pane in Canvas).
At least 72 hours before the exam, students must visit the ‘Test It Out’ page <www.ProctorU.com/helpdesk> to test their computer, webcam, internet connection, and resolve technical issues.
Students testing with ProctorU must supply:
- A webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution or higher.
- A mirror (to show the testing environment).
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer.
- A working microphone connected to the computer. A webcam that has a built-in microphone is recommended..
- A web browser with Adobe Flash Player installed. Recommend is Flash Player 10.
- A reliable, high-speed Internet connection. Wireless Internet connections have been found to cause issues and it is therefore strongly recommended not to use a wireless Internet connection.
- The ability to allow video and screen-sharing connections to the computer used to take an exam.
- 2 government-issued photo IDs.
- A secure testing environment (private room without other people and no posted exam materials).
Accommodations Statement: Any student whose disability falls within the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and requires accommodations should contact the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities. Requests for accommodations should be submitted to the instructor within the first two weeks of the course. Once the accommodation letter is received, the instructor will notify ProctorU of all accommodations. There will be no additional charge by ProctorU for accommodations. Students must select an appropriate aid option for accessibility applications when setting up the ProctorU account profile; for example, screen-reading software needed. The instructor is not responsible for setting the account profile aid options.