The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as transit technicians, train existing employees to become FTMC certified transit technicians and to prepare existing technicians for the ASE series of Transit Bus tests.
The content includes but is not limited to the following:
- maintaining and repairing diesel engines
- performing diesel engine and bus preventive maintenance (PMI) inspections
- maintaining and repairing ADA accessible lifts and ramps
- maintaining and repairing basic electrical systems
- maintaining, and repairing steering and suspension systems.
Levels of Certification
There are three levels of certification in the program, which allows graduates to begin employment or to remain in the program for advanced training.
- Bus Transit Technician I (620 clock hours)
- Bus Transit Technician II (620 clock hours)
- Bus Transit Technician III (680 clock hours)