1. I just applied to HCC. What are my next steps?
- Register your NetID. This will enable you to access the Welcome Orientation, check your Hawkmail email account for important messages, monitor your financial aid status, and register for classes.
- Access the Welcome Orientation. This mandatory online introduction to HCC includes information about academics, paying for college, support services and much more. The Welcome Orientation must be completed before connecting with an advisor.
- Secure your college funding. Now is also the time to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application if you’re pursuing financial aid.
- Request and submit official high school transcripts or GED scores and previous college transcripts.
- Connect with an academic advisor. Advising is provided on a walk-in basis. Make sure you bring any appropriate test scores and/or previous college transcripts. Unofficial college transcripts can be used for advising purposes.
2. How do I schedule my new student orientation?
You do not need to schedule the orientation. You can begin as soon as you receive your 7-digit HCC Student ID number. The Welcome Orientation is completely online.
3. How long does the Welcome Orientation take to complete?
It takes approximately 60-75 minutes to complete. It doesn’t have to be done all at one time, and students can log out and log back in where they left off to complete it.
4. What will I learn in the Welcome Orientation?
You will learn general information about campus locations, academics (programs), paying for college, support services, student life, and much more. You will also receive help with registering your NetID, using your college email account, and checking your financial aid status. Throughout the Welcome Orientation, you will have a chance to create your own customized dashboard of resources for future use.
5. What is the website for the Welcome Orientation online?
You may access the Welcome Orientation at orientation.hccfl.edu.
6. How do I complete the Welcome Orientation?
It can only be completed online on a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet device. The Welcome Orientation cannot be completed on a smartphone.
7. Do I need anything to start the Welcome Orientation online?
You will need to know your 7-digit Student ID number to start the Welcome Orientation.
8. When will I connect with an advisor?
After completing the Welcome Orientation online, you will be eligible to connect with an advisor. The information you have learned will prepare you to ask more focused questions and get the most from your advising session.
9. Can I connect with an advisor immediately after completing the Welcome Orientation?
Yes—student services staff can verify your completion of the Welcome Orientation.