1) Have a current application on file with HCC. Apply online at www.hccfl.edu
2) Have all official transcripts on file with HCC.
3) After you receive your student number in the mail, complete HCC’s online orientation @ http://orientation.hccfl.edu/.
4) Schedule your mandatory meeting with Mark Poling @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-253-7000 ex 5422. Please include your program and session preference, your student number, times you would like to meet during business hours, or if you have any questions about the program. During the meeting with Mark Poling you will need to explain to him how you plan to pay for your tuition. You will need to bring Mark Poling a $75 check or money order made payable to HCC for a drug screen and background check. No felony convictions within the past 5 years from the date of applying to the program.
5) Make sure to apply for Financial Aid as soon as possible. Visit our Financial Aid webpage specific to this program.
6) Based on your transcripts, you might have to take the TABE. The program does not require a High School diploma or a GED, but the student will have to be at the 9th grade level by graduation (or have an industrial certification by graduation). Call Dove Wimbish @ 813-253-7792 to schedule this free test.
An Open House is currently not scheduled. When one is scheduled, students who have competed the above steps will be invited. The Open House is mandatory. It is an opportunity to tour the campus, see the classrooms, and talk to the faculty about the program. We also welcome individual visitors. Contact Steve Conti at email@example.com or (813) 253-7000, Option 8, extension 7589 for details.