The HCC Bookstore will process a request for a refund on textbooks during the first two weeks of each semester.
All sales beginning the third week of the semester are considered final and no refunds will be given. Damaged or defective textbooks and merchandise will be exchanged for replacement item and must be accompanied by the original sales receipt, a HCC Hawk Card ID, and photo ID issued by a governmental agency.
- The original cash register receipt, a HCC Hawk Card ID, and photo ID issued by a governmental agency.
- The refund payment by the Bookstore will match the method of original payment; the exception is a check which will be refunded in cash after 15 days from the date of the purchase.
- Do not write or mark in your books or open any packages until you are certain you will actually use them!
- Textbooks that were purchased as "new" and cannot be resold as "new" due to opened package, soiling, highlighting, writing, et cetera, will be refunded at the "used" book price. Textbooks packaged with an Access Code are not refundable if the Access Code has been opened or used.
- Supplies are refundable if they are in their original unopened package.
- Reference books, quick study cards & aids, computer hardware and software are nonrefundable.
- Due to health and sanitary reasons we are unable to accept returns for any items purchased that come in to contact with the eyes, ears, nose & mouth, i.e. goggles, stethoscopes, etc.
- Defective books & supplies are nonrefundable - exchang only! Defective textbooks must be exchanged within two weeks of the date of purchase.
All refunds require a HCC Hawk Card ID and governmental photo ID