Ybor Building, Room 303B
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Ybor Open Computer Lab Usage Policies
- Lab usage is for HCC students with valid student ID.
- Students must sign-in on the computer using their first name, last name & Student ID.
- If asked, students must be prepared to show current semester schedule.
- No food or drinks are allowed in computer lab.
- Cell phone conversations are permitted in lab.
- These computers are to be used for academic purposes only.
- No unauthorized hardware or software shall be installed in lab.
- No changes in hardware or software including, but not limited to, changing the Windows desktop in any way.
- Currently, black and white printing is available at no cost. No more than 10 pages printed per student per day.
- There are two color scanners available in the lab; when you are done scanning, please move to another computer.
- Lab Techs are not responsible for items left in the open computer lab.
Storage of Personal Data:
- User data files should be saved on USB, CD-RW, NOT on the C: drive. Storage devices are for sale in the book store.
- Data stored on computer desktop or in my documents folder will be deleted.
- Problems with computer lab equipment should be reported to the lab assistant on duty.
- Lab assistants will assist with MyItLab, research, formatting of your paper, hardware, general computer operations and basic software/programming functions. (i.e. saving, quitting, printing and backing up disks, etc.).
- Lab assistants are not tutors.
- Students are responsible for reviewing all material (i.e. textbook, handouts, and lab sheets) prior to coming into the lab.
- Students are expected to use their books, reference manuals, class notes and built-in help functions.
- Students are responsible for cleaning their area, before leaving. This includes discarding scrap paper or printouts in their proper recycling or trash receptacle.