MUT 1242L: Sight Singing and Ear Training II
- The student will sight-sing with solfeggio syllables simple stepwise melodies in all minor keys in treble and bass clefs.
- The student will sight-sing these melodies with a full understanding and execution of duple and triple, simple and compound meters.
- The student will sing the melodies with full understanding of the rhythmic patterns involved, i.e. dotted-eighth and sixteenth notes, dotted-quarter and eighth notes, etc.
- The student will take dictation of harmonic and melodic intervals and identify them qualitatively as well as quantitatively.
- The student will take rhythmic dictation.
- The student will take melodic dictation of melodic fragments involving the elements mentioned above.
- The student will take harmonic dictation of root position, primary triad progressions.