Hcc Home >
Prospective Students >
Admission to the Honors Institute
The Honors Institute admits students entering college for the first time and students who have already begun pursuing their A.A. degrees at HCC or other universities. All students meeting the appropriate criteria (listed below) are encouraged to apply.
Upon receipt of all application materials, the Honors Institute Coordinator will send confirmation of receipt to the student via email.
Students Entering from High School
Applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria to qualify for the Honors Institute:
- High school GPA of 3.4 (unweighted) or higher -or-
- SAT combined score of 1160 or higher -or-
- ACT combined score of 26 or higher -or-
- Top 10% of graduating class with SAT combined score of a minimum 1050, or a minimum ACT composite score of 25, or CPT score of a minimum of 90 in writing and a minimum of 92 in reading -or-
- 12 hours dual enrollment with 3.8 GPA
- Complete the online HCC application.
- Print out and complete the High School Honors Institute application . Mail or deliver the application to the Honors Institute office.
- Submit official Student Permanent Record Summary Worksheet as provided by your high school College and Career Counselor.
- Submit written recommendation from your high school teacher or counselor to the Honor Institute by mail or email.
(Mail: Honors Institute, Hillsborough Community College, 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd., Tampa, FL 33614-7820. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Current Hillsborough Community College Students / University Transfer Students
- Must be pursuing an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree
- Cumulative college level GPA of 3.6 or higher with a minimum of 6 semester hours and a maximum of 30 semester hours of college credit.
- Print out and complete the HCC Honors Institute application. Mail or deliver the application to the Honors Institute office.
- Submit written recommendation from a college faculty member to the Honors Institute by mail or email.
(Mail: Honors Institute, Hillsborough Community College, 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd., Tampa, FL 33614-7820. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding the status of the application should be directed to Honors Coordinator, Lauren Furry at email@example.com.