Steps to Admission for Dual Enrolled and Early Admission Students

Steps 1-4 are completed once, Steps 5-6 are completed every semester.


Dual Enrollment - (enrolled in up to 10 credit hours per term)

  • Be in enrolled in a Florida Public, Private, Charter, or Home Education Program
  • Have an unweighted 3.0 high school GPA

*Students must maintain a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and a 2.0 HCC GPA to remain eligible.

Early Admission- (enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours (Full time) and a maximum of 15 credit hours per semester)

  • Entering 12th grade
  • Have an unweighted 3.5 high school GPA at the end of 11th grade
  • Not in the running for a distinction (Valedictorian or Salutatorian)
  • Have completed all requirements for high school graduation or have one or more of the following courses remaining:

1 credit of English and/or 1 credit of Math and/or .50 credit of Economics and/or .50 credit of American Government

  • Score at college level on SAT, ACT and/or PERT


Click Here to Apply 

Create an account (use an email address you check regularly)
Start Dual Enrollment Application
Complete all required fields, certify, and submit application
When you complete your application you will receive an email with your HCC student ID# and your Hawkmail email address. It is important you retain this information.


This will create your NetID and Password for your Hawkmail, Webadvisor, and Canvas (MyHCC) accounts. The Dual Enrollment Office will email you periodically with information and updates to your Hawkmail account.

  • Go to and select NetID - Manage Your Password. Then click Register with Password Manager. 
  • Enter your NetID (Your NetID is the first part of your HawkMail address above before the "@" sign). Select Student as the role.
  • When prompted, enter your default password which is the upper-case letter of your first name, lower-case letter of your last name, followed by your student ID number listed above (i.e. Ab0999999). 
  • Create your Question & Answer Profile.
  • You can now go to Manage My Passwords to change the default password to one of your choosing.
  • To access your e-mail, return to the HawkNet page and select HawkMail365.
  • Select Login in the upper right hand corner and login with your full e-mail address listed above and password you just created.
  • Need help? Contact technical support at 877-736-2575 or via the HCC Live webpage.


PERT, ACT, or SAT scores are acceptable to determine college placement. If you take the PERT test at an HCC campus test center, you do not have to send in your score printout. Our office can access them. If your SAT or ACT scores appear on your high school transcript/Student Summary Worksheet, you do not have to submit your scores separately. If they are not on your high school transcript you will need to obtain your scores from your respective test score account: Click here for SAT scores. Click here for ACT scores. *If you are submitting SAT scores, you will need to detail into your score report and print your score report that has your 2 digit scores.

Your scores cannot be older than two year from the first day of the semester you plan to attend.

If you need to take the PERT test, you may do so as long as you have submitted an application for admission. The test is given on a walk-in basis at all five campus locations, click here for testing hours. You will need to obtain a test referral pass from the Student Services Office prior to testing which can be done on the same day except for Saturday testing at the Ybor City campus. You must have a picture ID to obtain a referral and to test.

Your initial test is given at no charge. If you do not place at college level in one or more sections, you may retest for a fee of $10 per section and you must wait 24 hours between testing.

The table below shows minimum placement test scores required for eligibility.
minimum placement scores for dual enrollment


Public and Charter School students: Meet with your high school guidance counselor each semester and obtain the Authorization Form B and your Student Summary Worksheet (high school transcript).

Private School students: Meet with your high school counselor or official and obtain a Letter of Authorization and transcript.

Home Education students: Request a letter of good standing from the Home Education Office to submit along with a home education transcript, Educational Plan, and Home Education Approval Form. The letter from the Home Education office and Home Education Transcript are submitted once a year; Approval Form is submitted each semester. Home Education students must review the Home Education Articulation Agreement and submit the signature page before starting their first semester.

All paperwork has to be submitted to the Dual Enrollment office for approval and prior to student registering for classes. Students may email paperwork to or fax it to 813-253-7061. Students may not bring paperwork to campus for approval.

Once the Dual Enrollment office has reviewed the submitted paperwork, the student will receive an approval email to both their personal email and their Hawkmail accounts. Students can visit an HCC campus to choose the sections of the courses they were approved to take.

Students should make sure they are given the Dual Enrollment fee waiver during registration and submit it to the campus bursar/cashier’s office. If student fails to submit waiver, student can have a balance and subsequently sent to collections.


Hillsborough County Public Schools has created detailed instructions on obtaining textbooks - HCPS textbook information is available here. The Hillsborough County Public School Textbook Warehouse can have an order time of up to 15 days. If a student registers for classes less than 15 days prior to a class starting, they run the risk of not having a textbook when the course starts. The Dual Enrollment office does not have access to textbook ordering.

Private school and Home Education students must purchase their own textbooks and materials.

Charter school students should ask their high school counselor how to obtain textbooks and materials.