Keep yourself and those around you safe with the COVID-19 vaccine. Being vaccinated can protect your health and those around you and can help minimize potential disruptions to your daily life should you be exposed to COVID-19. As a reminder, everyone is expected to wear a mask at any HCC facility. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy.
- All current HCC students who show proof of full vaccination by November 5, 2021 will be entered into a drawing for incentives valued at $2,000! Fifty incentives in total will be awarded to those who qualify.
- To be eligible, students must be fully vaccinated, and they must complete the application by November 5, 2021.
- Winners will be notified by November 30, 2021.
- For those who are still looking to get vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to do so. Vaccination is free and widely available. You can visit HCC's Return to the Nest site to locate the most current vaccination and testing locations throughout Hillsborough County.
- For those who have already been fully vaccinated, thank you for doing your part. Instructions on how to submit proof of vaccination are available in the Vaccine Incentive Application.
Planning Your Vaccine
- Please keep in mind the amount of time necessary to become fully vaccinated. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Two Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses should be given three weeks (21 days) apart.
- Two Moderna vaccine doses should be given one month (28 days) apart.
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine requires only one dose.
Vaccination Incentive Terms and Conditions
By uploading your COVID-19 vaccination documentation for the purpose of participating in the Hillsborough Community College (HCC) vaccination incentive you hereby agree to, understand, and represent the following:
Participating in the incentive is completely voluntary.
To be eligible for a vaccination incentive, you must upload documentation confirming that you are fully vaccinated and have received a COVID-19 vaccine recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention by November 5, 2021. International students must be fully vaccinated and have received a vaccination recognized on the World Health Organization (WHO) list of COVID vaccines that have met the necessary criteria for safety and efficacy.
You must demonstrate you are fully vaccinated by November 5, 2021, which means two shots as required by Moderna, and Pfizer or one shot for Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. International students must be fully vaccinated and have received a vaccination recognized on the World Health Organization (WHO) list of COVID vaccines that have met the necessary criteria for safety and efficacy.
HCC will maintain the confidentiality of your vaccine documentation consistent with all applicable state and federal privacy protections.
You must be a student enrolled for at least one credit hour for the Fall 2021 academic semester at HCC.
You may refuse to accept an incentive, in which event the incentive you were awarded will be provided to another eligible student.
An incentive may be taxable, and you are responsible for any payment of any taxes.
You may only win one COVID-19 Vaccination Incentive.
HCC has not made any promises or commitments to you to secure your participation in the incentive.