To learn more about the Speak Up HCC Referral Process please see our Referral web page.
Report Concerning Behaviors
Report Concerning Behavior
Examples of Concerning Behaviors or Situations
How and When to Report
Procedure for Reporting
• Suspicious actions as well as criminal acts
• Behaviors that continue after Speak Up HCC Team interventions
• Behaviors that continue after disciplinary intervention
• High risk behaviors such as alcohol or drug use
• Disturbing or strange/violent writings
• Expressions by student of feelings of depression, lacking self worth, and/or uselessness including suicidal symptoms
• Unusual attention shown toward the instructor or a student in or out of the classroom environment
• Discuss an employee or other member of the campus in a way that causes concern (a fixation of any kind, defines them in an unusual way, creates fantasized scenarios, etc.)
• First-hand or reports by others’ knowledge of a student’s behavior off campus that may carry over onto the campus
• Indirect threats against self or others
Campus Public Safety to respond immediately!
• Student who is creating a disturbance in class and refuses to leave when asked
• Aggression that is threatening
• A direct threat is made
• Physical assault
• Someone reports being a victim of a crime (just happened or happened on campus)
• A weapon is seen or reported
• A crime is in progress
• Person is hallucinating, does not appear to be in control of his/her behaviors
• Under the influence of alcohol or drugs (could pose a threat to self and/or others if driving)
• Person threatens suicide or homicide
If people are at immediate risk now call 813.253.7911 for immediate assistance (Public Safety).
Contact the Dean of Student Services and report the incident.
To report any persons on campus who appear to be in distress, please submit a Care Report.