Steps To Enroll

These Steps to Enroll apply to Veterans and their Dependents

  • RESIDENCY - Please review the residency information before beginning your application.
    PLEASE NOTE: Active duty members of the Armed Services of the United States residing or stationed in the state of Florida, their spouses, and dependent children, and active drilling members of the Florida National Guard can be considered for exemption to the previous residency requirements. Proof can be provided via a DD-2058, or any other document listing home of record as Florida with an End of Active Service date within the previous 12 months. Additionally, PCS orders to a military base in Florida can also be used for residency purposes. Honorably Discharged veterans residing in Florida may waive out-of-state fees under the C.W. Bill Young Tuition Waiver Program.  More information...
  • Apply to HCC - Complete the online application
  • Apply for Veterans Benefits using the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP)
  • Determine your Benefit Eligibility - Once complete, review the list of required documents that are necessary to use your benefits at HCC. Please be prepared to submit all of the necessary documents at one time.
  • Apply for Financial Aid
  • Submit Transcripts (High School, College, and Military). All students must submit official transcripts from previous college/universities AND high school.
  • Meet with an Academic Advisor - Discuss your program of study, testing needs, and schedule orientation. Be sure to visit the Financial Aid and Veteran Student Affairs office to submit ALL necessary documentation.
  • Register for Classes - Be sure your classes are part of your degree program.