Applying for Scholarships
Complete your application by midnight, October 15th to be considered for Spring term scholarships!
The HCC Foundation is now accepting applications via a new online scholarship application process.
Please read the instructions and overview, below, then login and apply for a scholarship here using your full HCC Hawkmail email address as your Username and your established HCC password.
If you have technical issues with the site, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-859-5017. For questions about eligibility or scholarship requirements, please contact your campus scholarship representative or the Foundation office.
Scholarships are made possible by generous donors. They are awarded via a competitive process to HCC students who have applied, meet certain criteria and been selected by a committee of scholarship application reviewers. Scholarships are typically awarded for one academic year or term (fall and spring or spring only), unless otherwise noted. Recipients must reapply for any subsequent year.
Applying for a scholarship
In order to apply, you must have obtained a Hillsborough Community College student ID. To use the STARS Online application system, you will use your HCC Hawkmail email address as your username and the same password you have established for your HCC access. The scholarship application process is quick, easy and free! Visit the login link under "Applying For Scholarships", above. This is your permanent account and may be accessed at any time or from any place. Note:
- Make sure you have completed the FAFSA from which the Foundation determines financial need.
- Please start the application process early so that you have enough time to prepare your essay/short answer responses and obtain/attach any other required documents.
- You may save your progress and return as needed to complete your application prior to the deadline.
- HCC transcripts must be attached and may be unofficial transcripts obtained from Hawknet (copy and paste to a Word document and upload, or insert a screen print). Please attached any HCC or other college/high school transcripts (if needed) in the online application. Do not submit paper copies.
- Essays and short answer responses may be typed directly into the application or completed in a word processing software, then copied and pasted into the application (spelling and grammar count!) Please be thorough, honest and forthright without becoming wordy; keep your responses to under 250 words.
- Remember that requests for letters of recommendation will take time to be completed once you request them; and be sure to personally contact the potential recommender to request a recommendation prior to sending the automated email from the software system.
After you have applied
Following the closing date for applications, the scholarship application review and awarding process will take 4 to 6 weeks. Please note that we have more applicants for scholarships than we have funds to award, so not all students will receive a scholarship. Please be patient through the process! You may check back on the status of your scholarship application(s) by logging in to your STARS Online account.
Scholarship Application Process
Frequently Asked Questions
The HCC Foundation awards a variety of scholarships annually funded by private donations. Our donors have set up generous scholarship funds for a variety of disciplines and backgrounds. These scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis, are limited in number and are separate from HCC Institutional scholarships. For information on Institutional scholarships and other financial aid options, visit the Financial Aid website click here.