Coronavirus Update from the Office of Equity, Diversity and Special Programs
Pandemics such as Coronavirus can cause situations of legal consequence should they lead to intentional or unintended bias and discrimination. All members of the HCC community are reminded that HCC subscribes to Zero Tolerance for discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Please pay close attention to the College’s alerts and notifications regarding official College actions in light of the Coronavirus pandemic. In addition, below is guidance for your use and information.
- EEOC Guidance: Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- EEOC News: What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and the Coronavirus
- EEOC issues Guidance for Employers During a Pandemic
As a reminder of the college’s stance regarding discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, you may refer to the following links:
- HCC Equity and Diversity Homepage - https://www.hccfl.edu/about-us/equity-and-diversity
- HCC Equity Policies, Procedures, and Forms - https://www.hccfl.edu/about-us/equity-and-diversity/equity-hcc/equity-policies-procedures-and-forms
Finally, if you believe that you have been discriminated against in violation of HCC administrative rules, procedures, and policies, you should file an official complaint using the HCC Complaint Intake Form or place the following link in your browser: https://www.hccfl.edu/sites/default/files/docs/2019-08/Complaint%20Intake%20Form_20190827-508.pdf Upon completion, please scan and e-mail the complaint to Ms. Elina “Tina” Bivins, JD, MBA, who serves as Manager, Equity and Title IX at firstname.lastname@example.org/
For additional information or inquiry, you may contact Cheryl Seals Gonzalez, Chief Diversity Officer, 813.253.7043, via e-mail at email@example.com;