The Florida Prepaid Tuition Plan at Hillsborough Community College is administered by the Accounts Receivable Office. Listed below are the processing procedures for participants:
- Once you have registered for classes and fees have been assessed, we will automatically defer the maximum amount that can be billed for all participants who are in good standing with Florida Prepaid. You are not required to notify Hillsborough Community College that you want to use your prepaid plan.
- Please review your account in MyHCC Self-Service to determine that your Florida Prepaid has been applied. Please contact the Accounts Receivable or Bursar Office in the event that your account has not been updated. Your deferral and the Florida Prepaid payment are limited to the amount of credits remaining in your prepaid plan, which is reflected on your annual statement from Florida Prepaid. Please note:
- If you are receiving any other type of aid such as an outside scholarship, financial aid, waiver, or other sponsors that are paying for your registration. You must still complete the FPP opt-out form otherwise, the maximum amount that can be billed will be applied.
- HCC must have your Social Security Number (SSN) on record for this service to function. If you have not provided us with your SSN but would like to take advantage of this service, please stop by any campus Admissions office to have your account updated.
- At the time we invoice near the end of each semester, your Florida Prepaid account must be in good standing and have sufficient credit hours available. If necessary, please notify Florida Prepaid to release any holds. If for any reason we are unable to complete the billing process, we will reverse the credit and payment for your classes will become due to Hillsborough Community College immediately.
If for any reason you do not want Hillsborough Community College to bill Florida Prepaid on your behalf, please complete the Florida Prepaid Program Opt Out form. The deadline for opting out is the last day of the drop/add period for regular 16 week terms, even if your class is not 16 weeks long. See the Academic Calendar for dates.
|Summer 2023||May 19, 2023|
August 25, 2023
|Spring 2024||January 12, 2024|
If you are a beneficiary of a scholarship please complete the survey that is required from Florida Prepaid each year.
Please be aware that there are fees that are not covered by your Florida Prepaid Plan. Check your Hawknet WebAdvisor account to determine these fees and make arrangements to pay for them by the payment deadline. Payments can be made through the web, by mail or in person at the Bursar Office.
Fees Not Paid by Florida Prepaid
- Any special fees associated with your classes.
- The student activity fee portion of your tuition.
- The technology fee portion of your tuition. Unless you are enrolled in the local fee program with Florida Prepaid and have separately purchased the TDF plan.
For more information, visit Florida Prepaid College Plans.