|Title: STUDENT CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS||
This procedure establishes direction for the formation and continuation of student clubs and organizations at the institution.
Students will annually contact the campus Dean of Student Services or designee to complete the Student Club/Organization form for new and continuing student clubs and organizations.
Instructions for to the formation and continuation of student clubs and organizations are provided in the College Catalog and the Student Handbook and the Student Activities
The Campus Dean of Student Services will insure the following:
- The purpose of the student club/organization will be compatible with the general purpose of the College, which must be in compliance with the College's administrative rules and procedures, county ordinances, state and federal laws and the Florida Community College Activities Association's constitution and bylaws.
- The proposed activities will be in accord with local, state and federal Statutes.
- The student club/organization will permit open membership to all students regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, disability status, national origin or marital status.
- The student club/organization will have an open record policy and an open operating procedure.
- The student club/organization may not interfere with the operation of the institution.
- The Student Services Dean and the Campus President may recommend to the President that the College suspend or terminate a student club/organization as a member of the official College community, due to the club’s activities.