|Title: IDENTITY THEFT PREVENTION||
Effective Date: January 22, 2014
SBE 6A-14.0261 FS 1001.64; 1001.65; 1001.65
Signature/Approval: Dr. Ken Atwater
This administrative rule establishes a policy for an Identity theft Prevention Program at Hillsborough Community College.
The President, or designee, shall maintain a written Identity Theft Prevention Program in accordance with the requirements of the Fair and Accurate Reporting Act of 2003, 15 USC § 1601, et. seq., also known as the “Red Flags Rule”, intended to detect, prevent and mitigate identity theft in connection with covered accounts.
For certain “covered accounts,” which are continuing, multiple payment accounts within the meaning of the Red Flags Rule, the President, or designee, shall develop the Program to include reasonable steps and procedures to detect and mitigate identity theft and enable the College to:
- identify relevant "red flags" (patterns, practices, and specific activities that signal possible identity theft) and incorporate them into the Program;
- train relevant staff as necessary to implement the Program effectively;
- detect the red flags that the Program incorporates;
- respond appropriately to detected red flags to prevent and mitigate identity theft;
- ensure that the Program is updated periodically to reflect changes in risks; and
- exercise appropriate and effective oversight of service provider arrangements.
Designated College administrator(s) shall participate in the “Red Flags Rule” Identity Theft Prevention Program as directed by the President and designated coordinator of the Program.