- Classes meet in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Fall and spring classes meet for 16 weeks.
- Summer classes meet for 10 weeks.
The program offers six (6) levels, from beginning to advanced. After successfully enrolling at HCC, a student will take an English placement test. The test measures the student's reading skills, language use skills, and writing ability. Based on the student's test scores, the student is placed in one of the six levels.
- Students progress from one level to the next by successfully completing each course in the level with a grade of C or higher.
- Students in Levels 1-4 receive institutional credit.
- Students in Levels 5-6 receive HCC elective credit, which can be used towards the Associate in Arts (AA) degree.
- Completion of the EAP curriculum satisfies the AA foreign language requirement.
- Students enrolled in Levels 5-6 can begin taking some college courses such as Math, CGS 1000, and SLS.
- Once students complete Level 6, they can register for HCC college-level courses.
|5||Reading||Reading Lab||Writing||Writing Lab|
|6||Reading||Reading Lab||Writing||Writing Lab|