Are you new to English? Foundations: Beginning in English can help! This language course is designed for students who want to develop a foundation in academic English - listening, speaking, reading and writing skills - in order to enter the EAP (English for Academic Purposes) program in Level 1 at HCC.
The Foundations course is managed by the Institute for Corporate and Continuing Education (ICCE) in partnership with the EAP program.
- The course is offered in fall, spring, and summer.
- Classes meet on the Dale Mabry, SouthShore, and Ybor City Campuses.
- Classes follow the HCC Academic Calendar (16 weeks in the fall/spring and 12 weeks in summer).
- Classes meet two days a week, Mondays/Wednesday or Tuesdays/Thursdays.
- Classes are offered during the day and evenings. Times vary by campus.
- Students must successfully complete the course to be able to enter EAP Level I classes.
Steps to Enroll:
- Apply online
- Take an English placement test. Test referral forms are available on all HCC campuses. If you have already taken a placement test, go to the next step.
- Enroll and pay for classes