This language course is designed for beginner level students who want to develop a foundation in academic English in order to enter Level 1 of the EAP (English for Academic Purposes) program at HCC.
The Foundations course is managed by the Institute for Corporate and Continuing Education (ICCE) in partnership with the EAP program.
- The course is offered in fall, spring, and summer.
- The course focuses on academic English - listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- The course is offered at the Dale Mabry, SouthShore, and Ybor City campuses.
- Classes meet two days a week, Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays.
- Students must successfully complete the course to be able to enroll in EAP Level 1. Regular attendance is required for successful completion of the course.
Steps to Enroll:
- Apply online
- Take an English placement test. Test referrals can be obtained from the Advising office at any HCC campus or from the EAP Student Manager office.
- Enroll and pay for classes
For assistance, please contact either the EAP Student Manager or the ICCE Personal Enrichment Coordinator below.