There are many behaviors that may cause concern for the safety and well-being of an individual or the campus as a whole. The following are examples of concerning behaviors or situations:
- Unusual or abrupt changes in behaviors or patterns.
- Extreme reaction to a loss or traumatic event.
- Preoccupation with weapons, violent events, or persons who have engaged in violent acts.
- Uncharacteristically poor performance.
- References to harming others or planning a violent or destructive event.
- Evidence of depression, hopelessness, or suicidal thoughts/plans.
- Inappropriate responses such as prolonged irritability, angry outbursts, or intense reactions.
- Strained interpersonal relations, isolating behaviors, or low self-esteem.
- Significant change in life circumstances such as loss of job or relationship