|Title: TITLE IV PROGRAMS;||Identification: 5.15
Effective Date: 04/29/02
|Authority: SBE 6A-14.0247; 6A-14.0262 FS 240.319 34 CFR Section 668 HCC Rule 6HX-10-5.405||Signature/Approval: Gwendolyn W. Stephenson|
This procedure establishes directions regarding the eligibility of HCC to participate in the Title IV Programs of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM STANDARDS
Hillsborough Community College participates in the Title IV, HEA program through a participation agreement with the Department of Education. This agreement indicates that the College will comply with the statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the Title IV, and HEA programs.
- STANDARDS OF ADMINISTRATIVE CAPACITY
To maintain participation in any Title IV program, the College must demonstrate to the Department of Education that the Office of Financial Aid is capable of adequately administering the program. In order to maintain administrative capability, the College will maintain office operations necessary to determine student eligibility, disbursement of funds, return of Title IV funds, reconciliation of programs, standards for measuring student academic progress, record retention, program coordination, adherence to federal procedures for addressing fraud, and adequate trained staff to provide financial aid information, processing guidelines and financial aid counseling services.
- TITLE IV PROGRAMS
Hillsborough Community College participates in the following student financial assistance programs authorized by Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (Title IV, HEA program):
- The Federal Pell Grant Program, 34 CFR Part 690 - the grant program authorized by Title IV-A-1 of the HEA.
- The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) Program, 34 CFR Part 676 - the grant program authorized by Title IV-A-2 of the HEA.
- The State Student Incentive Grant (SSIG) Program, 34 CFR Part 692 - the grant program authorized by Title IV-A-3 of the HEA.
- The Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), 34 CFR Part 682 - the loan program authorized by Title IV-B of the HEA.
- The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, 34 CFR Part 675 - the part-time employment program for students authorized by Title IV-C of the HEA.
Refer to Administrative Procedures Federal Work Study Program; Dissemination of Information Under Title IV Programs; Federal Family Education Loan Program; and Awarding Financial Aid to Students Participating in Cross Enrollment Programs the descriptions of specific Title IV Programs. Also, the College Catalog and the Student Handbook provides information to students for each Title IV Program.