New international students must report to the Center for International Education (CIE) and attend the New International Student Orientation. Orientation is a mandatory event!
All incoming international students will have a hold placed on their records. This means that you cannot register until you have checked in, attended orientation and provided proof of health insurance.
Initial F-1 visa students may report to the College up to 30 days prior to the program start date listed on their HCC I-20. All new initial and transfer students are encouraged to arrive in Tampa up to 2 weeks prior to the report date to take the required academic assessment tests, attend new student orientation and register for classes.
|Term||Initial F-1 Students
|Transfer F-1 Students
|I-20 Start Date||Orientation||Classes Begin|
|Summer 2020||March 15||April 15||May 11, 2020||May 12, 2020||May 18, 2020
|Fall 2020||June 15||July 15||August 3, 2020||June 19, 2020
July 17, 2020
August 5, 2020
|August 17, 2020|
|Spring 2021||November 15||December 1||TBD||TBD||TBD|
All new initial and transfer students must attend one of the following available sessions:
Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, all college operations will be conducted remotely. All summer courses will be offered in an online learning environment only.
- May 12, 2020 at 10:00 am (virtual orientation only)
Report to the Center for International Education, Dale Mabry Campus, Social Sciences Building (DSSC), Room 322. Please note that these orientations may be modified to a virtual format depending on guidance from health authorities. Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m.
- June 19, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- July 17, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- August 5, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
What can you expect at Orientation?
- Get to know the staff at the Center for International Education.
- Understand academic and graduation requirements.
- Learn about F-1 student visa benefits and regulations.
- Find out important information and resources, such as navigating the website, the HCC catalog, advising guides, HawkNet and more.
- Register for classes, and learn more about the Dale Mabry Campus and facilities.
- Meet current and new F-1 students and make new friends!
Documents to bring for Check-In and Orientation
- Present originals of the student’s passport, visa, and HCC I-20.
- If applicable, final, official secondary school transcripts and Financial Guarantees/scholarship documents, if not provided earlier.
- Provide proof of health insurance valid for the semester or one year, if not provided earlier.