New international students (initial and transfer students) must report to the Center for International Education (CIE) and complete the New International Student Orientation. Orientation is a mandatory event!
All incoming international students will have a hold placed on their records. This means that you cannot register until you have checked in, attended orientation and provided proof of health insurance.
Initial F-1 visa students may report to the College up to 30 days prior to the program start date listed on their HCC I-20. All new initial and transfer students are encouraged to arrive in Tampa up to 2 weeks prior to the report date to take the required academic assessment tests, attend new student orientation and register for classes.
|Term||Initial F-1 Students
|Transfer F-1 Students
|I-20 Start Date||Orientation||Classes Begin|
|Summer 2022||March 15||April 15||May 09||TBD||May 16
|Fall 2022||June 15||July 15||August 8 (tentative)||TBD||August 22 (tentative)|
Summer 2022 New Student Orientation
Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, the International Student Orientation for the Summer 2022 term may be held virtually or in-person on campus. A CIE academic advisor will contact admitted students via email once information regarding the format and dates become available.
What can you expect at Orientation?
- Get to know the staff at the Center for International Education.
- Understand academic and graduation requirements.
- Learn about F-1 student visa benefits and regulations.
- Find out important information and resources, such as navigating the website, the HCC catalog, advising guides, HawkNet and more.
- Register for classes, and learn more about the Dale Mabry Campus and facilities.
- Meet current and new F-1 students and make new friends!