New international students (initial and transfer students) must report to the Center for International Education (CIE) and complete the New International Student Orientation. Orientation is a mandatory event and may be offered virtually and/or in-person!
All incoming international students will have a hold placed on their records. This means that you cannot register until you have checked in, tested (if applicable), attended orientation and provided proof of health insurance.
Initial F-1 visa students may report to the College up to 30 days prior to the program start date listed on their HCC I-20. All new initial and transfer students are encouraged to arrive in Tampa up to 2 weeks prior to the report date to take the required academic assessment tests, attend new student orientation and register for classes.
|Term||Initial F-1 Students
|Transfer F-1 Students
|I-20 Start Date||Orientation||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2022||June 15, 2022||July 15, 2022||August 1, 2022||August 2, 2022, 10:00 am EST||August 15, 2022
|Spring 2023||November 1, 2022||November 15, 2022||January 3, 2023||Virtual (Date TBD)||January 9, 2023|
|Summer 2023||March 15, 2023||April 15, 2023||May 2022||TBD||May 15, 2023|
Spring 2023 New Student Orientation
The International Student Orientation for the Spring 2023 term will be held virtually. A CIE academic advisor will contact admitted students via email once information regarding the format and dates become available.
What can you expect at Orientation?
- Get to know the staff at the Center for International Education.
- Understand academic and graduation requirements.
- Learn about F-1 student visa benefits and regulations.
- Find out important information and resources, such as navigating the website, the HCC catalog, advising guides, HawkNet and more.
- Register for classes, and learn more about the Dale Mabry Campus and facilities.
- Meet current and new F-1 students and make new friends!