Featuring exceptional faculty, our online courses meet the same high academic standards of our on-campus courses. Choose from our flexible semester schedules and take a course or earn your degree from anywhere. Below are the expectations, requirements and resources that will help you succeed in a non-traditional learning environment.
Expectations for Online and Hybrid Students
Online students must have:
How an online class works:
- Use your NetID (Hawkmail email account) to access your course on the first day of class through the Canvas link in MyHCC;
- Read all course communication (announcements, emails, etc.), instructor contact information, Start Here/Orientation Module, and the syllabus.
- Set your Canvas notification preferences to make sure you are notified in the manner that is best for you.
- Complete assignments during the first week of class. Per federal regulations, you will be withdrawn for non-attendance if you do not submit work within the first week of class. Withdrawal for non-attendance affects your financial aid status.
- Log into your course at least 3 times a week to see all communication, participate in activities and complete work on time.
- Contact your instructor right away with any concerns, via phone, through Canvas or Hawkmail email.