IGNITE is a new program between Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) and several Florida College System institutions, including HCC. It is designed to provide seamless pathways to get both an Associate of Arts degree at HCC and a bachelor degree from FAMU. Students who meet the criteria of the program are identified, co-advised and tracked as IGNITE students. Successful completion of the IGNITE program guarantees admission into a specified major at FAMU upon completion of the AA Degree.
- Guaranteed acceptance into specific majors at FAMU
- Personalized advising by HCC and FAMU Academic Advisors
- Priority course registration
- Access to workshops and student activities at both HCC and FAMU
- Smooth transition into FAMU
IGNITE is a limited-access program that has the following additional requirements for admission. To apply for the program new students must do the following:
- Indicate interest in the IGNITE program on their HCC Application.
- Enroll in one of the HCC Associate of Arts degree transfer tracks listed and plan to transfer to FAMU in a specified academic program.
|HCC Transfer Tracks||FAMU Specified Academic Program|
|AA Agriculture||Animal Science Industry, School of Agriculture and Food Science|
|AA Business Administration||Business Administration, School of Business and Industry|
|AA Education/Teacher Preparation||Elementary Education, College of Education|
|AA Environmental Science||Environmental Science, School of the Environment|
3. Have the ability to complete the program within two years.
4. Have no more than 30 credits of college level coursework already completed - (Credit earned while in high school through dual enrollment or AP testing do not count in the 30 credit hour rule).
5. Meet minimum test scores on a college placement test (refer to chart below).
Prior to March 2016
March 2016 or later
is MAT 1033)
Documents needed to review an IGNITE program admissions request:
Interested students must submit SAT, ACT or PERT scores and AP scores if credit is earned. You can also visit a campus Test Center to take the PERT Placement Test if needed.
Documents may be mailed to:
Hillsborough Community College
1602 N. 15th St.
Tampa, FL 33605
Unofficial test scores may be emailed to email@example.com.
Visit FAMU’s website for more information about the IGNITE program.