If you are a licensed or licensure-eligible paramedic, or have been accepted into the paramedic program, the emergency medical services AS degree program offers you an opportunity to specialize in education, management or technology.
You must be currently enrolled at HCC or apply to HCC and meet the entrance requirements as outlined in the most current catalog. Unless you have previous college English and math, or have a college degree, or have college-entry level English and math SAT/ACT scores, you will have to take the College Placement Test. Specific program requirements are outlined below.
In order to enter this program, you must:
1) be at least 18 years of age
2) have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0
3) be free from physical or mental defects or diseases which might impair your ability to function as an EMT
4) be free from addiction to narcotics or any controlled substance
5) provide proof of immunizations and PPD within one year of starting EMT
6) complete an FDLE Criminal Background Check