It is the intent of the Florida Criminal Justice Training Center Directors Association (FCJTCDA) to award annual scholarships to eligible criminal justice officer recruits/cadets in the State of Florida. In order to be eligible to receive a financial scholarship from the Association, an applicant must meet the following criteria. Eligible applicants must complete an application to be submitted to the Association. Applicants may be asked to be interviewed by the selection committee. The number of scholarships awarded shall be based on the availability of funds. Recipient(s) may receive up to $1000.00.
- The recipient must be either a dependent or immediate family member of a Florida criminal justice officer in good standing with the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
- Criminal Justice Officer is defined as any law enforcement or correctional/correctional probation officer in the State of Florida employed by any State, County or Municipal government.
- Dependent or immediate family member is defined as a spouse, son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter, mother, father, mother- in-law, father- in-law, and son or daughter in-law.
- Applicant shall be ranked according to information provided on their application.
- Eligible applicants must complete an application outlining their request and eligibility as a recipient of a FCJTCDA scholarship.
- Cover letter must identify the Training Center attending and proof of acceptance to the Training Center program.
- Applicants may be required to submit the most current academic transcript.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the Training Center Director at the applicant’s College, University or Agency.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee who shall submit recommendation(s) to the Executive Board for approval and awarding of scholarships.
- Executive Board shall award scholarships based on available funding to the most qualified and eligible applicant(s).
- Scholarship shall be awarded directly to the recipient(s), who shall use awarded funds as necessary to fulfill their educational financial requirements.