Back to Campus: Protocols
Face Covering Protocols
We know from the CDC that one of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19 is to wear a facial covering. To that end, all faculty, staff and students will be required to wear a mask while on college property. We encourage students to bring their own, but will have a supply available for those who arrive at any of our facilities without one. Masks with valves and gaiters are not allowed.
HCC students and employees who choose not to comply with HCC guidelines or otherwise do not comply with requirements for safely being on campus or at any College location will be directed by Public Safety to leave the location immediately, and in addition may be subject to disciplinary action. The requirement to wear a mask will be enforced under the Student Code of Conduct (see section IV, items E-1 and N-1).
For details regarding cloth face coverings, including how to create, wear and care for home-made face coverings, visit the CDC website.
HCC employs Sodexo to thoroughly clean our campuses and facilities a minimum of once daily. Cleaning frequency will be higher in the following areas:
- Student Services buildings
- Childcare centers
- High-touch surfaces such as door handles, elevator buttons, and light switches
- Areas deemed priorities by campus/facility leadership
Sodexo uses the following disinfecting and sanitizing products:
- ECOLAB A-456 II disinfectant cleaner
- ECOLAB peroxide multi surface cleaner and disinfectant
- Clorox bleach germicidal wipes
- Fogmaster Jr. Foggers for high-traffic areas at all campuses and administrative locations (classrooms, childcare centers, auditoriums, reception areas, offices, etc.)
Please note: Sodexo employees will not enter locked offices/spaces.