The respiratory care AS degree prepares you to treat patients who have difficulty breathing due to pulmonary or cardiac disease. Learn to work with premature infants, children, trauma victims and patients requiring life support. Respiratory therapists work in physician offices, home care setting, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers, sleep study departments and hospitals. The need for respiratory therapists continues to increase due to a growing elderly population; environmental problems; and technological advances in the treatment of lung disease, heart attack, cancer, accident victims and premature babies.
Graduates may take the national certification and registry exams to become licensed practitioners in the US.
A separate Health Sciences application is required for this degree, and students must attend an online information session prior to the application deadline.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 - 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022 - 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022 - 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 8, 2022 - 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
To attend an online information session, please complete the following registration form: