You can see the curriculum prerequisites here.
- A complete application with all transcripts and documents submitted by the deadline
- Your GPA in prerequisite courses is the basis of admissions.
- A minimum prerequisite GPA of 2.8
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 (will be used for a tiebreaker).
- Students applying for admission to HCC’s Nursing program will be required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) entrance examination and earn a minimum score of 60% overall.
- A clean background check
- A negative drug screening
- We do not consider other academic degrees or references.
- There is no waiting list
For more information, please refer to the links below:
- Download the TEAS Information PDF here.
Here are two links to information about criminal background checks:
HCC's Informed Consent Form for Background Checks -
- Download the Criminal History-Informed Consent Form
The Florida Department of Health Board of Nursing Information Brochure about Background Checks -
- Download the Criminal History Information Brochure
PLEASE NOTE: Paramedics to RN transition is no longer offered (5-6-2012)