- Students applying to the HCC Nursing Program must begin by applying to HCC and completing the online college orientation.
- Click on HCC application to download and submit your HCC college application (include all transcripts and documents).
- When students have completed the HCC application, they will be required to: Download and complete the Nursing Program Application
Entry into the Nursing program requires the following:
- A minimum prerequisite GPA is required. You can see the curriculum prerequisites
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 (will be used for a tiebreaker).
- A clean background check
- A negative drug screening
- We do not consider other academic degrees or references.
- There is no waiting list
Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) entrance examination and earn a minimum score of 60% overall.
For more information, please refer to the links below:
- Download the TEAS Information PDF here.
Here are two links to information about criminal background checks:
HCC's Informed Consent Form for Background Checks -
- Download the Criminal History-Informed Consent Form
The Florida Department of Health Board of Nursing Information Brochure about Background Checks -
- Download the Criminal History Information Brochure
PLEASE NOTE: Paramedics to RN transition is no longer offered (5-6-2012)