The Culinary and Dietetic Management AS degree at Hillsborough Community College offers student the education, training, and experience to competently perform the responsibilities of a dietary manager and has proven this by passing the nationally recognized CDM Credentialing Exam and fulfilling the requirements needed to maintain certified status. This program has both classroom and field experience components. The field experience component consists of 2 practicums of 75 hours each, totaling 150 hours of field experience. Each field experience has a qualified preceptor on site. Graduates are eligible to apply for the CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) Credentialing Exam and ANFP Professional membership.
Graduates of this program:
- Work with Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) to provide quality nutritional care in a variety of non-commercial settings and perform a myriad of specialized tasks and roles within a foodservice operation.
- Are experts at managing foodservice operations and ensuring food safety.
- Are responsible for implementation of menus, foodservice purchasing, and food preparation as well as applies nutrition principles, document nutrition information, manage work teams, and much more.
This program has no entrance requirements; however, it requires the completion of many courses in sequence and some are only offered once a year. Be sure to talk with the program director, practicum coordinator, and AS program academic advisor to schedule completion of the coursework to prevent any delay in finishing.
Additional Program Information
- Mission, Goals and Outcomes
- Program Costs
- Policies and Procedures
- Practicum Policies and Procedures
This degree is seeking approval from Association of Nutrition & Food Professionals (ANFP)
Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals
PO Box 3610 | St. Charles, IL 60174
Phone: 800.323.1908 | Fax: 630.587.6308 | www.ANFPonline.org
Upon completion of the degree, students are referred to the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM) for all exam-related processes and policies.