This course is required for those who intend to become a Florida Licensed Unarmed Security Officer. Students are required by Chapter 493, Florida Statute, to successfully complete a 42 HOUR classroom course before they can apply for a Class D Unarmed Security Officer License.
- This course is in-person. There are no current options for online or hybrid delivery.
- Mandatory attendance for the 5 day course, Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 6:00pm.
- Students must achieve a passing score on two written tests.
Ybor City Campus Training Center (YCTC) at 5610 East Columbus Drive, Tampa FL 33619.
- Complete the Security D Interest Form to provide required information and preference for dates of attendance.
- You will receive a confirmation email and/or call regarding your dates of attendance.
- Official registration takes place in the classroom on the first day of class.
- Bring a check or money order for $118.00 made payable to "HCC."
- Bring your driver's license or state-issued ID.
Next Planned Course Offerings:*
- October 25-29, 2021
- November 15-19, 2021
- December 13-17, 2021
* NOTE: Classes will only be conducted if enough students sign up to balance the cost of delivering the program for those dates. It is important to complete the Interest Form so we know when you would like to attend and can plan for your attendance.
You may be interested in applying for your private security license from the state of Florida once you complete the HCC course.
For any and all questions about an expired license, renewing your license or the amount of hours needed for completion, you must contact:
State of Florida Department of Agriculture/Division of Licensing
Tampa Regional Office
4510 Oak Fair Blvd. Suite 100
Tampa, FL 33610