This course is required for those who intend to become a Florida Licensed Unarmed Security Officer. Students are required by Chapter 493, Florida Statute, to successfully complete a 42 HOUR classroom course before they can apply for a Class D Unarmed Security Officer License.
- This course is in-person. There are no current options for online or hybrid delivery.
- Mandatory attendance for the 5 day course, Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 6:00pm.
- Students must achieve a passing score on two written tests.
Ybor City Campus Training Center (YCTC) at 5610 East Columbus Drive, Tampa FL 33619.
- Complete the Security D Interest Form to provide required information and preference for dates of attendance.
- We will contact you to provide additional information needed prior to registration and confirm attendance.
- Total cost for this course is $118.00. Payment is due on the first day of attendance, in the form of check or money order made out to “HCC”.
- The fee includes all needed supplies for the course. No additional books or supplies are required.
- Course cost does not include the cost of licensing, photos, background, or fingerprinting fees associated with your actual licensing process.
- For more information, please visit the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Security D site.
Next Planned Course Offerings:*
- March 7-11, 2022
- April 25-29, 2022
* NOTE: Classes will only be conducted if enough students sign up to balance the cost of delivering the program for those dates. It is important to complete the Interest Form so we know when you would like to attend and can plan for your attendance.
You may be interested in applying for your private security license from the state of Florida once you complete the HCC course.
For all questions about an expired license, renewing your license or the amount of hours needed for completion, you must contact:
State of Florida Department of Agriculture/Division of Licensing
Tampa Regional Office
4510 Oak Fair Blvd. Suite 100
Tampa, FL 33610