The purpose of the HCC Diversity Council is to:
- Review existing diversity initiatives and submit recommendations.
- Provide advice and consultation for enrollment and completion of diverse student body.
- Impact hiring of diverse faculty.
- Serve as conduit to communicate individual department and campus concerns/needs/initiatives in the area of diversity.
- Act as “diversity ambassadors;” model behaviors and practice skills that demonstrate a respect for differences and promote full inclusion.
- Develop, attend, and participate in two college-wide diversity events.