TRIO social and cultural enhancement enables students to thrive intellectually and culturally while developing their leadership skills in a multicultural learning institution. The program also provides students with an opportunity to attend the Florida Association of Education Opportunity Program Personnel (FAEOPP) Leadership Conference to enhance their leadership skills.
During the fall and spring semesters, students have an opportunity to:
- Perform in the TRIO annual fashion show
- Attend performances at the STRAZ Center
- Attend the MLK Leadership Breakfast sponsored by Tampa Bay Organization on Black Affairs (TOBA)
- Visit the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)
- Visit the Dali Museum
- Attend community luncheons and banquets
Cultural and Special Events
Students may get participation credits for the following cultural and special events hosted by the HCC Ybor City and Dale Mabry Campuses. (Before attending any of these activities, please contact your advisor ten (10) days prior to the event to ensure participation credits).
- The Art Gallery
- Drama Department Productions
- The Exhibit Gallery
- Films, Dances & Special Events
- Music Recitals
- Latino/Hispanic Week
- Black History Month
- International Festival of Flags Ceremony
Ybor Career Resource Center
- Resumé Workshop
- Business Etiquette Workshop
Our grand finale “Foods We Eat at Christmas” is a well-planned activity where students and staff bring a favorite dish from their culture, sing carols/songs, and enjoy fellowship with supporters of the TRIO family.