Academic adjustments and auxiliary aids available include, but are not limited to, the following (depending upon the documentation provided):
- Academic adjustments for College Placement Tests and New Student Orientation
- Adjustable chairs and tables
- Alternative testing arrangements
- Assistive computer hardware and software on campus
- Books in alternative format
- Digital recorders
- Echo/Livescribe pens
- JAWS computer text (convert to speech)
- Learning disability specialists
- Scribes for testing
- Sign Language interpreters
- Spell checker
- Zoom text
If you require academic adjustments for tests such as a separate room or extra time, notify the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (OSSD)as early as possible, preferably at least five (5) days in advance.
After completion of the intake process in the OSSD, students may meet with the staff to request testing accommodations.
Once academic adjustments are approved, students must contact the Test Center directly to make an appointment for each test they plan to take in the Test Center. (Some Test Centers allow walk-ins for Placement Tests. Please check with the Test Center on your campus)
The Test Center website provides testing hours for each campus.