The Ombudsman office at HCC serves as a bridge between problems and possibilities. We assist students with resolving problems in order to support retention and foster respect across the college community. Acting neutrally and committed to confidentiality, the Ombudsman gathers information on complaints, clarifies issues and expedites processes.
What does the Ombudsman do?
- Provides support to students to foster problem solving skills and the ability to operate effectively within the HCC environment.
- Assists with addressing concerns about customer service issues, communication disconnects, or the lack of ability to access student services in a timely manner.
- Assists faculty members and other college personnel in resolving problems and issues with students who have concerning behaviors.
- Assists students and faculty members in finding resources to address personal issues.
- Provides supportive intervention services as needed to students who display concerning behaviors to prevent future and/or additional disciplinary actions.
Want assistance? Need an advocate? Contact us.
To contact the Ombudsman, please fill out our online contact form. Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a response.
Need to review the complaint process?
See the HCC Complaints page for information on the student complaint process.