As a student financial aid recipient or applicant you have the right to:
- To be informed of the financial aid programs that are available and how to apply for them.
- Information about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, and renewal requirements as well as about HCC’s academic programs and policies.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
You have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and by the posted due date.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other financial aid agencies by e–mail and/or letter.
- Keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Use financial aid only for actual education expenses.