The following are Hillsborough Community College's administrative policies, procedures and forms as they relate to diversity and equity. They have been adopted to ensure the equitable treatment of HCC's students, faculty, staff and administration.
HCC’s Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
The HCC community should in all its activities be sensitive to the religious practices of the various religious faiths represented in its student body and employees. As a public institution, HCC neither promotes any particular form of religion nor discriminates against students, staff, or faculty on the basis of their religious viewpoints. HCC makes reasonable accommodations for students, staff, and faculty based on a person’s sincerely held religious belief, unless the provision of such an accommodation would create an undue hardship. HCC is committed to diversity and nondiscrimination and supports qualified applicants, students and employees, regardless of religious affiliation, in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations.
HCC's Policy on Sexual Misconduct
Sexual misconduct jeopardizes the mental, physical and emotional welfare of our students, as well as the safety of our community. Sexual misconduct diminishes students’ individual dignity and impedes their access to educational, social and employment opportunities. It can permanently impact students’ lives that may cause lasting physical and psychological harm. Sexual misconduct violates our institutional values and its presence in the community presents a barrier to fulfilling HCC’s mission. Sexual misconduct, therefore, will not be tolerated at the College and is expressly prohibited. Sexual Misconduct Policy
- 6HX-10-2.11 Harassment, Including Sexual Harassment
- 6HX-10-2.13 Policy on AIDS
- 6HX-10-2.14 Equal Employment Opportunity
- 6HX-10-2.15 Non-Discrimination
- 6HX-10-3.10 Equal Access/Equal Opportunity for Employees with Disabilities
- 2.03 Methods for Processing Harassment Allegations, Including Sexual Harassment
- 2.05 Discrimination Complaint
- 5.17 Student Academic Grievance
- Pregnancy and Parenting Guidelines for Students
- Student Grievance Non-Academic